The Rocket Review

The Student News Site of Lowellville High School

The Rocket Review

The Rocket Review

A Promising Start: Lowellville’s Softball Team

The Lady Rockets are off to a good start this year! As of publication, the softball team has a winning record of 9-6. Some recent games they’ve played and won include a win against Waterloo, two wins against Springfield, and two wins against Sebring. Conveniently, the Lady Rockets play at the fields right next to the school.

The freshmen girls include Addison Lightner, Eliza Primous, Gianna Palumbo, Josairah Estevez, Kenna Lewis, Love Vargas, and Riley Goodin. The sophomores are Giuliana Alfano and Natalee Macejko and the juniors are Alyssa Kuzan, Laila Rivera, Michele Cavna, and Morgan Lewis. Finally, the players leaving us after this year include Serinna Tych and Sophia Alfano.

Eliza Primous is a freshman on the team, however, she has played since t-ball. When on the field, she plays second base. She has enjoyed her time on the team and claims, “I will come back next year.”

Natalee Macejko is playing her second year of high school softball but has played since t-ball. She is a catcher and claims her favorite part of the game has to be, “..being with my team and winning games.” Malutic Live interviewed Natalee, Sophia Alfano, and Morgan Lewis after their second win against the Springfield Tigers. 

In Sophia Alfano’s interview with Austin Malutic, when asked how the team was able to stay together even while down, she responded, “I think we just had confidence in ourselves and we weren’t going to let them get onto us.”

Although the season is over, the Lady Rockets still have the tournament to look forward to. Good luck to them!