The Rocket Review

The Student News Site of Lowellville High School

The Rocket Review

The Rocket Review

Sweethearts: Lowellville’s Winter Dance

Lowellville High School sponsors a winter dance for students every year around Valentine’s Day called Sweethearts. This is the final dance of the year for freshman and sophomore students, whereas the juniors and seniors still have prom to look forward to. Before the dance started, the Sweethearts court was announced and the King and Queen were crowned.

There were 5 couples on court this year. The couples were Sophia Alfano and Michael Ballone, Olivia Lavernuick and Ryan Neider, Serinna Tych and Braylen Dabney, Kayla Lawson, and Vinny Perry, and Isabella Willrich and Tino Rivera-Ocasio. Sophia Alfano and Vinny Perry were crowned Queen and King for this year’s dance.

A new addition to this year’s dance was a doughnut wall. OH Doughnuts supplied this wall of deliciousness with vanilla and chocolate-flavored doughnuts that were decorated with purple icing. This addition was popular among students. Other refreshments included pop and chips.      

The DJ at the dance was Anthony Devicchio, who also was the DJ for Homecoming. Once the dance began, students started flocking to the dance floor. He played many popular songs to get the crowd out on the dance floor. These included  “Cupid Shuffle,” “Church Clap,” “Waka Waka,” and “Cotton Eyed Joe.” After the dance, many students visited restaurants such as BJ’s, Café Capri, Café 422, and Michael Alberini’s. Students’ highlights of the night included spending time with their friends, eating doughnuts off the doughnut wall, and listening to the music.