The Rocket Review

The Student News Site of Lowellville High School

The Rocket Review

The Rocket Review

New Assistant Principal: Mr. Hammond

New Assistant Principal: Mr. Hammond

On July 26, 2023, Jeff Hammond was officially announced as the new assistant principal of Lowellville Local High School. Mr. Hammond was previously a 5th-grade science teacher at South Range Middle School. He was an educator at South Range for 26 years. Mr. Hammond originally found his love for teaching through being a basketball coach. He was a basketball coach for about 30 years for many teams including Columbiana, South Range, and Leetonia. 

Mr. Hammond graduated from Clearview High School and then attended Ohio University. He grew up surrounded by family members who had careers in education. After he graduated from college he went back to school to get his teaching certificate because he was  inspired by coaching. In his free time, he enjoys walking his Golden Doodle through town, “binging” Netflix, watching sports, and reading. 

His first impressions of Lowellville are that the community is very kind and welcoming. He is very impressed by how passionate the teachers are about their students and careers. He also believes that there is a strong pride in the Arts and Athletics programs here at Lowellville. He states, “The band and artwork is amazing. There is a lot to be proud of here at Lowellville.” He is excited to meet families, students, and teachers and to overall just get acclimated to Lowellville.