The Rocket Review

The Student News Site of Lowellville High School

The Rocket Review

The Rocket Review

College Football Playoffs

College football is a very intense sport and is one of the most popular sports in the world. What makes it so important are the college football playoffs. How the playoffs traditionally work is the best four teams in the nation play for the national championship.  However, next year it is changing to a twelve team bracket. This year was very controversial because Florida State was undefeated with a 13-0 record. They were ranked 4th until the final game of the season. They won their last game and won the ACC Championship but the 8th ranked Alabama Crimson Tide beat the number one team in the nation, the Georgia Bulldogs. Florida State was on their third string QB which did not help them at all. The College  Football Committee took this into consideration and decided to put them at the fifth position in the rankings.  People are feeling bad for Florida State because their starting quarterback, Jordan Travis, carried his team until he was injured in Week 12 and could not return for the rest of the season. Brock Glenn, the third string quarterback, took over. In the ACC championship he only threw for 55 yards.  

The top four teams this year are very good and include Michigan, Washington, Texas, and Alabama. Florida’s offense would not be able to do anything against Michigan’s defense. Washington is very good all around and so is Texas.  Alabama beat the number one team in the nation, Georgia, who won two national championships in a row. Georgia played TCU and won 65-7. If Florida plays Michigan it may  be a similar blowout ast the previous championship.